Turnkey IoT Atmospheric Infrasound Monitor | RS&BOOM
Features & Benefits
- Plug-and-play professional affordable Earth monitor seismograph and atmospheric infrasound monitor in one
- Detect & measure a whole host of activities both above and below you combining both seismic and infrasound technologies.
- With the seismometer sensor monitor earthquakes & seismic activities like fracking, explosions, eruptions, avalanches, landslides etc
- With the atmospheric sensor monitor tornadoes, lightning, severe storms, volcanic eruptions, airplanes, meteors, fireworks, rocket launches & much more!
- Includes the Raspberry Pi, Shake & Boom board and all components
- Comes pre built with everything you need to have your Raspberry Shake & Boom working right out of the box
- Measure and record both seismic and atmospheric infrasound activity all around you
- 100 samples per second sample rate
- Equipt with a highly sensitive vertical axis seismometer and infrasound sensor
- Access our international array from Raspberry Shakes & Booms positioned globally through Station View
- License FREE for education and home use
The Raspberry Shake & Boom is the complete solution to watch the shakes of the Earth and the infrasonic booms in our atmosphere.
Combining the seismograph features of the the Raspberry Shake 1D, with the infrasound sensors of the Raspberry Boom, this unit gives you the best of both worlds.
Explore the relationship between seismic waves and infrasonic vibrations and discover the unheard symphony of sound to uncover intriguing events such as foreign objects, like meteors, as they plunge through our atmosphere.
Combining the geophone vertical axis Earth monitoring sensor from the Raspberry Shake 1D and a precision infrasound sensor, the Raspberry Shake & Boom detects seismic motion beneath you and “inaudible” noises in our atmosphere coming from a huge number of sources. This makes it possible to monitor earthquakes and ground motion and observe these vibrations move into the atmosphere, for example, in the case of volcanic eruptions, avalanches, landslides and explosions. In addition the infrasound sensor allows you to detect a huge number of other activities that a seismograph alone cannot measure. From incoming harsh weather, planes flying overhead, gun fire and meteors exploding over the Atlantic… See all these and more, and discover the untold secrets happening all around you, with the Raspberry Shake & Boom!
This turnkey plug and play solution is the most advanced home earthquake and atmospheric Earth monitor in one. It makes a perfect teaching tool to learn about both seismic and atmospheric events and is an affordable way to increase dissemination for your organization, if you have an existing network. It comes complete with all components, the Raspberry Pi board and has been tried, tested and is ready for action.
The circuit board of the Raspberry Shake & Boom incorporates four 24 bit digitizers, each sampling seismic and infrasound readings at 100 samples per second with a data transmission rate of four packets per second.
This is a complete ready-to-go, turn-key personal earthquake & atmospheric infrasound monitor. It is a fully plug and play solution, great for the novice, home scientists, gadget lovers, and anyone who wants their Raspberry Shake & Boom ready to go out of the box!
For your added peace of mind, we test the unit for a few days to make sure that every single software element is working to spec and that your Raspberry Shake & Boom is well calibrated.
Just take your Raspberry Shake & Boom out of the box, plug it in and connect, to start discovering the shakes from below and the wide array of imperceivable activities happening all around you.
- 1x Fully tested Raspberry Shake & Boom circuit board
- 1x vertical Earth motion monitoring sensor (“geophone”, 4.5 Hz) with cables
- 1x infrasound sensor
- 1x Raspberry Pi single-board computer
- 1x Enclosure
- 1x 8 GB pre-programmed Micro SD Card
- 1x Ethernet Cable
- 1x 5V 2.5 Amp power supply (Plug types supported: A, C, G, I)
*sps = samples per second on all channels
The 1D, 3D, 4D and “Shake and Boom” have the same capabilities for detecting Earth motion in the vertical dimension. The 3D replicates these abilities in the horizontal dimensions, providing the user with a fuller view of earth motion in all 3 dimensions. The difference between the 1D and the 4D is that the 4D has a 3 dimensional accelerometer built into the board. This is interesting for people who live in earthquake zones where the strong motion might be enough to saturate the vertical sensor. With the accelerometer, the earth motion would remain on scale with the added benefit of being able to detect lateral motion as well.
Model RS & Boom Magnitude 9 Raspberry Pi model included Ships with 3 Model B Connectivity Wifi or Ethernet System Requirements Windows, Linux or Mac OS compatible License Free for school teachers / personal use. License must be purchased for government, research or commercial use. Warranty The Raspberry Shake Boom board and infrasound sensor components come with a one year guarantee. Full details. Technical Specifications Click here. Shipping All products are shipped by INCOTERM DAP. The buyer assumes all responsibility for import duties and taxes. Shipping Terms.