The Earth is always shakingggggg! From local tremors, traffic rumbling by, fracking & quarry explosions and even nuclear testing, to the BIG earthquakes that hit half a world away… NOW you can see it ALL! The fun begins with Raspberry Shake, your professional grade personal earthquake detection device – or “seismograph” as the Pros call it! Raspberry Shake conveniently snaps right onto Raspberry Pi, the most popular single-board personal computer in the tech world.
Raspberry Shake is a very clever little custom circuit board, that fits right onto the most popular single-board personal computer, the Raspberry Pi, transforming it into a professional grade personal seismograph. It is probably the smallest seismograph of its caliber in existence, but don’t let its size fool you – It can record earthquakes of all magnitudes, from the vanishingly small blips that are imperceptible to human senses, to the big destructive earthquakes that regularly happen around the world.
As soon as the Raspberry Shake is plugged in and set up, you can see, record and analyze the Earth’s motion in real time!
- Monitor earthquakes and other Earth movements happening right beneath your feet
- Capture human vibrations, such as rush hour traffic, construction, noisy neighbors and even your washing machine’s spin cycle!
- Easily record local earthquakes that you actually felt
- Measure earthquakes from half the world away imperceptible to your human senses but easily seen with your Raspberry Shake.
- Become a citizen scientist, make a difference and share your data with seismic observatories worldwide
- Monitor and analyze the data from any other Raspberry Shake’s in the global network (there are hundreds).
- Check out our Android app and get instant earthquake updates on your phone
- Each Raspberry Shake is carefully put together by our experts and built with industrial quality hardware