All Weather Universal Digitizer | Raspberry Jam
- Perfect for geophysical institutes and hobbyists alike who have their own sensors and need an inexpensive 24-bit (144 dB) digitizer
- Universal 24-bit digitizer for use with passive and active sensors such as the S-13, L-4, or Trillium Compact
- Universal 24-bit digitizer for use with broadband and short-period and infrasound sensors or any other sensors with analog sensors within the proper range.
- Includes the Raspberry Pi single board computer
- Includes a custom built rain proof, dust proof, bug proof, all weather enclosure
The Raspberry Jam is the latest addition to the Raspberry Shake product portfolio – A powerful universal digitizer compatible with most seismometers and infrasound sensors such as the Trillium Compact, S-13 or L-4C (for full details, supported sensors and technical specifications please see here).
We have had many enquires over the years for a device that allows scientists and hobbyists to use their own sensors. Now you can with the Raspberry Jam. It is ideal for geophysical institutes and seismology hobbyists alike.
With the Raspberry Jam, you can add a variety of sensors from short-period to broadband seismometers and infrasound sensors. Passive and active sensors are supported.
The Raspberry Jam can be configured for passive or active sensors. This can be accomplished by changing some resistor values. To simplify the setup process for you, you can have us mount the resistors for you, by adding this service to your cart.
The circuit board of the Raspberry Jam incorporates three 24 bit (144 dB) digitizers, each sampling the Earth’s motion at 100 samples per second. In addition, the digitizer has a data transmission rate of four packets per second, making it Earthquake Early Warning compatible. For full specifications please see here.
This product listing comes with the Raspberry Jam Universal Digitizer, Raspberry Pi computer and all weather enclosure. The hardened enclosure, included here, will protect your unit against rainfall, dust and bugs. We call this an “IP67” enclosure, which means that it is fully weather proof, dust tight and can withstand immersion (30 minutes at 1 meter).
The Raspberry Jam is now available for PREORDER. Fulfillment will begin sometime in the 1st quarter of 2018. Reserve yours now and be one of the first to get the Raspberry Jam. Take advantage of our pre order pricing saving 10% off our retail price, just by typing in RJAM at checkout.
- 1x Fully tested Raspberry Jam Universal Digitizer Board
- 1x Raspberry Pi single-board computer
- 1x IP67 All Weather Enclosure
- 1x 8 GB pre-programmed Micro SD Card
- 1x Ethernet Cable with IP67 field kit
- 1x 5V 2.5 Amp power supply (Plug types supported: A, C, G, I) with IP67 water-resistant power connector
- External connections: Ethernet, Power, Sensor (female). Need an external USB connection? Click here.
- Connector for your sensor’s cable sold separately. Sensor connector cap shown in photo not included.
- Through-hole resistors (blue) and capacitors (white), not included. To simplify the setup process for you, you can have us mount the resistors for you, by adding this service to your cart.
The Earth is always shakingggggg! From local tremors, traffic rumbling by, fracking & quarry explosions and even nuclear testing, to the BIG earthquakes that hit half a world away… NOW you can see it ALL!
The Raspberry Jam is a professional grade universal digitizer which allows you to attach your own sensors and start recording Earth vibrations. Now you have complete flexibility and can customize your own seismograph with short-period to broadband seismometers and infrasound sensors. Both passive and active sensors are supported.
- Monitor earthquakes and other Earth movements happening right beneath your feet
- Capture human vibrations, such as rush hour traffic, construction, noisy neighbors and even your washing machine’s spin cycle!
- Easily record local earthquakes that you actually felt
- Measure earthquakes from half the world away imperceptible to your human senses
- Become a citizen scientist, make a difference and share your data with seismic observatories worldwide
- Monitor and analyze the data from any other Raspberry Shake’s in the global network (there are hundreds).
- Check out our Android app and get instant earthquake updates on your phone
- Each Raspberry Jam is carefully put together by our experts and built with industrial quality hardware
Model R Jam Pi Full + IP67 Compatible Raspberry Pi Models Pi Zero (W), 2/3 Model B, Model B (+) Raspberry Pi model included Ships with 3 Model B Connectivity Wifi or Ethernet System Requirements Windows, Linux or Mac OS compatible License Free for school teachers / personal use. License must be purchased for government, research or commercial use. Warranty The R Jam Pi Full + IP67 comes with a one year guarantee. Full details. Specifications Click here. Shipping All products are shipped by INCOTERM DAP. The buyer assumes all responsibility for import duties and taxes. Shipping Terms.